Flexible MBA - Sport Management
The MBASport curriculum consists of the core courses required of all FAU MBA students, plus a 12 credit specialization in Sport Management. Full-time course load is considered to be nine hours for the fall and spring semesters and six hours in the summer semester.
Pre-Requisite Foundation Courses (a) (a1):
ACG 6027 Financial Accounting Concepts - 3 credits
ECO 6008 Modern Economic Concepts/Theories - 3 credits
FIN 6406 Financial Management - 3 credits
MAR 6055 Marketing Functions/Processes – 3 credits
QMB 6603 Data Analysis for Managers – 3 credits
MBA Core Courses:
GEB 6215 Graduate Business Communications Applications (b) - 3 credits
GEB 6931 Contemporary Issues in Industry; Executive Forum (c) - 1 credit
ACG 6315 Analysis/Application Accounting Data - 3 credits
MAN 6937 Global Environment of Management - 3 credits
FIN 6806 Advanced Financial Management - 3 credits
ISM 6026 Information Systems - 3 credits
MAR 6815 Strategic Concepts in Marketing - 3 credits
MAN 6245 Organizational Behavior - 3 credits
MAN 6501 Operations Management - 3 credits
MAN 6721 Global Management Strategy and Policy (d) - 3 credits
MBASport Core Courses (required of all MBASport students):
- SPB 6815 Managing the Sport Enterprise - 3 credits
- SPB 6406 Sport Law - 2 credits
- SPB 6716 Sport Marketing - 2 credits
- SPB 5817 Financial Aspects of Sport Management (Prerequisite: FIN 6806 or undergrad FIN majors) - 2 credits (07R SPM 5506)
- SPB 6940 Internship in Sport Management (f) - 1 credit
MBASport Electives (students will choose to take one of the following two electives) (e):
- SPB 6306 Management of Sport, Entertainment, and Convention Venues - 2 credits (07R SPM 6106)
- SPB 6106 Management and Administration of Intercollegiate Athletics - 2 credits (07R SPM 6166)
Total Curriculum: 40-52 credits
- Students should consult with Judith Benson, MBA Advisor, as to the order in which to take these classes, as well as being advised of pertinent information regarding them.
- Students must register for the communications program (GEB 6215) in the first semester taking non-foundation coursework and must complete the course by the end of the third semester.
- Students must register for this course in the first semester and complete the course by the end of the third semester, or no further courses can be taken.
- Last course taken before the internship.
- Students should consult with MBASport Program Director with concerns for these courses.
- Major internships must be completed after completing the required curriculum. Approval of internship agency by MBASport Program Director is required. Open to MBASport students only.